SUBMISSION DEADLINE 15 SEPTEMBER 2021
CALL FOR CRYSTAL OWL
“After 9 years of collaboration with the Advanced Imaging Society of Hollywood, Stereopsia has decided to adopt a new international position, focused on Europe and Latin America. Indeed, on the one hand, Stereopsia launches this year the first edition of Stereopsia LATAM in September, in Santiago de Chile; and on the other hand, Stereopsia is actively working on the launch of the pan-European association XR4Europe supported by the European Commission. Thus, Stereopsia has decided to create a new Award to celebrate immersive research, innovation and creation, namely the Crystal Owl®”
The Awards Competition of Stereopsia is one of the main components of the Stereopsia event.
The awards are Crystal Owls, hand-made by the Cristallerie du Val Saint-Lambert of Liège, Belgium.
These awards concern XR contents produced in Europe. They are given to the winners during the Awards dinner & ceremony of Stereopsia, held at the end of the last day of this event, at a fabulous location in the heart of Brussels, Belgium.
To be eligible in the Crystal Owl Competition, the content must comply with the following requirements:
- – Must have been produced or at least 30% co-produced in Europe*
- – Must have been completed between 1 June 2020 and 15 September 2021.
- – Contents must be narrative live action or animation (with or without interactivity). VR games, room-scale and free-roaming will not be accepted.
- – Contents must not have been submitted to Stereopsia previously. If the content is a sequel to a previously submitted content, at least 50% of the new content must be NEW material.
- – Contents must be stereoscopic-3D 360°.
- – Contents that require heavy installations will not be accepted (or not shown with heavy set-up).
- – Contents that have already been contextualized or shown with an installation must be indicated as such in the submission form.
- All XR immersive format accepted: VR (autonomous & single-computer powered headset), AR.