Overview of the regulations
To be eligible to participate to The Booster, the candidate Producer must be at least one of the following:
- An experienced S-3D/XR producer (for any of the types of contents listed in Article 4).
- An experienced 2D producer who would like to make the often-difficult transition to S-3D / XR for some of his projects.
- A person with a limited experience in production, but with a demonstrated artistic ability, such as a director or an artist.
The candidate Producer must demonstrate, at the time of submission of his project, his proficiency in English, both oral and written. The Organizers reserve the right to decline a Producer if his proficiency in English is not sufficient to present his project.
The Booster is exclusively dedicated to projects for stereoscopic-3D (S-3D) immersive contents.
Three categories of immersive S-3D contents are of primary interest:
- contents that are intended for theatrical release;
- contents that are intended for XR devices/platforms/experiences;
- contents that are intended for immersive experiences/installations.
All contents must also have significant international sales potential.
Gaming experiences are not eligible to The Booster.
All persons attending The Booster must be properly registered. As a general rule, registration means the payment of the appropriate registration fee.
The Producer of each selected project must register for - at a minimum - The Booster Pass, which includes: Welcome drink (on Sun 13 Dec evening); access to full Booster program including coaching/training, and coffee breaks (14-15-16 Dec); Networking evening (Tue 15 Dec); one seat at one table at Awards Dinner (Wed 16 Dec).
Cost: 300 € + VAT if applicable.
Issuance of the Call for projects: 8 June 2020
Deadline for submitting projects: 30 September 2020
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 30 October 2020
Private masterclasses (including an overview of trends and the XR market, camera/software technical intervention & creative producer approach), pitching training sessions, networking, private viewing sessions of AR and VR works with debriefing, and on the last day, a pitching session in front of the Stereopsia participants and 10-12 members of the jury.
Sunday, 13 Dec
Monday, 14 Dec
Tuesday, 15 Dec
XR demos: watch, learn, & debrief
Wednesday, 16 Dec
One-to-one meetings with jury
Awards dinner & ceremony
Please, note that the organizers reserve the right to make changes to the program at any time. Please consult it periodically.