The Lumiere Awards Competition is one of the main components of the Stereopsia event.
The awards are the prestigious Lumiere Awards from the Advanced Imaging Society (AIS), based in Hollywood, California.
These awards concern Cinematic VR produced within the territory consisting of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
The awards are given to the winners during the Awards dinner & ceremony of Stereopsia, held at the end of the last day of this event, at a fabulous location in the heart of Brussels, Belgium.
To be eligible in the Lumiere Awards Competition, the content must comply with the following requirements:
- Must have been produced or at least 30% co-produced in Europe, Middle-East and/or Africa.
- Must have been completed between 1 June 2019 and 15 September 2020.
- Contents must be narrative live action or animation (with or without interactivity). VR games, room-scale and free-roaming will not be accepted.
- Contents must not have been submitted to Stereopsia previously. If the content is a sequel to a previously submitted content, at least 50% of the new content must be NEW material.
- Contents must be stereoscopic-3D 360°.
- Contents that require heavy installations will not be accepted (or not shown with heavy set-up).
- Contents that have already been contextualized or shown with an installation must be indicated as such in the submission form.
- All XR immersive format accepted: VR (autonomous & single-computer powered headset), AR.